Free-to-use podcast recording studios have opened at a library in Ballyfermot.
The creative suites, based in Ballyfermot, are open to any library member over the age of fifteen.
They're fully kitted out with equipment and software that lets people record speech, music and video.
What you can do in the studios:
- Record a music track, a song, create a demo.
- Get some band practice in.
- Deliver a Facebook Live event, be it a live music performance, an interview with a local celebrity, artist, historian, or even a poetry reading.
- Record an audio or video podcast, could be an interview, a lecture, a group discussion.
- Record a video and upload to Youtube.
The mix of equipment includes the following:
- Microphones (stand, table mounted) with pop filter shock mounts
- Studio headphones
- 4 Channel Stereo Headphone Distributor Amplifier
- Studio monitors (speakers)
- 4 channel or 8 channel Focusrite Scarlett audio interface. Ideal for multi-instrumentalists, producers and small bands who want to record audio from a wide range of sources such as drums, guitars, keyboards and vocals.
- Cinema Camera 4K + tripod
- Logitech C615 HD 1080p webcam
- LED lighting
- Green screen
- iMac computers, 21.5-inch iMac with Retina 4K display.
Software included - Final Cut X video editing software, Logic Pro X music making software, GarageBand, Audacity.
Those interested in using The Creative Studio can fill out this form, and will have to attend a 45 minute induction.
Sessions start at 50 minutes long, and can be booked up to a maximum of 2 hours and 50 minutes.