One person diagnosed with Covid-19 has died in the Republic.
Officials at the Department of Health say 11 further cases have also been confirmed.
The pandemic death toll here how stands at 1,727 -- with 25,405 people known to have contracted the disease.
Statement from the National Public Health Emergency Team
There has now been a total of 1,727 COVID-19 related deaths in Ireland.
— Department of Health (@roinnslainte) June 25, 2020
Dr. Tony Holohan, Chief Medical Officer, Department of Health, said;
“NPHET noted today that over a third of new cases in the past 14 days are under 35 years of age. It also noted a number of EU countries reported an increase in new cases."
“7% of cases notified in Ireland over the past fortnight have been associated with travel."
"NPHET expressed a clear view that overseas travel poses a risk to importation of the disease and to further transmission in Ireland."
“The ECDC has recently warned that the pandemic is not over."
"Ireland has made significant gains in suppressing COVID-19. Our task over the coming weeks and months is maintaining these gains.”
Dr. Ronan Glynn, Deputy Chief Medical Officer, Department of Health, said;
“COVID-19 is accelerating globally with 4 million cases recorded in the last month."
“Considering the international experience with the disease, we cannot afford complacency. Continue to be aware of the risks and follow the public health advice designed to protect individuals.”