It had been suspended during the reduction of public transport during the pandemic.
Dublin Live are reporting that the Nitelink bus service will not be returning this month.
It comes as nightclubs are set to re-open on October 22nd.
According to the reports, the National Transport Authority have 'no plans' to bring the service back.
The news was sent in a letter in response to an enuiry by Dún Laoghaire TD Cormac Devlin.
NTA confirmed today that they have no plans to resume @dublinbusnews #Nitelink services on 22nd October
Min @EamonRyan needs to directly intervene to restore the service to give staff & customers a late night public transport option when restrictions are eased on 22nd October pic.twitter.com/LH94SiQMYL
— Cormac Devlin TD (@CormacDevlin) October 6, 2021
Eamon Ryan, Minister for Transport, says the Government is making 'every effort' to restore the service.
Ryan says there is a need for night time public transport access now that nightclubs are returning.
On the Dublin Bus website, they say they wish to advise customers that the Nitelink service won't operate until further notice.
They cite the health and safety of customers and employees as the reason for full suspension since March 20th 2020.