Dublin's New Year celebrations have been cancelled.
Failte Ireland says over 100 thousand people attended last year's festival of events.
So it's "clear" they wouldn't be in line with the government's Covid guidelines.
In a statement, Fáilte Ireland said that:
“Given these numbers, it is clear that the event would not fall within current Government and public health guidance.”
— Spooky Tom Douglas (@TomDouglas95) September 27, 2020
Lord Mayor Expects "A Different" Christmas
Dublin's Lord Mayor, Hazel Chu says the Council is working to come up with alternative celebrations for the festive season.
"It'll be a different kind of Christmas."
"People would be used to seeing the Crib, having Santa Claus in the Mansion House itself."
"So we've actually decided to re-programme things so people can get involved."
"We'll have a 12 Days of Christmas here from the Mansion House and a lot of it will be livestreamed."
"Right now we're in the process of thinking of some ideas for it."