45 new confirmed cases of Covid-19 have been reported today.
Latest figures show there have been no new deaths.
Of today's numbers, 33 cases are located in County Kildare and 77% are under the age of 45.
Statement from the National Public Health Emergency Team
There have been no new deaths reported to @hpscireland today.
There has now been a total of 1,763 #COVID19 related deaths in Ireland.
— Department of Health (@roinnslainte) August 4, 2020
The total case number is 26,253 and the death toll stands unchanged, at 1,763.
Of the cases notified today;
- 35 are men / 10 are women
- 77% are under 45 years of age
- 31 are associated with outbreaks or are close contacts of a confirmed case
- 4 cases have been identified as community transmission
- 33 cases are located in Kildare, 7 in Dublin, and 5 are spread across four other counties.
The HSE is working to identify any contacts the patients may have had to provide them with information and advice to prevent further spread.