Old El Paso has you covered. These delicious chicken and veggie fajitas are easy to make AND very tasty! They're perfect with chicken or beef!
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 portobello mushrooms, cut into 1cm thick slices
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 500g chicken breast fillets, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 red onion, halved and sliced
- 2 red or yellow peppers, deseeded and cut into thin strips
- 1 pack Old El Paso™ Smoky BBQ Fajita Kit
- 120g Old El Paso™ Soured Cream, for serving
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped coriander
- Old El Paso™ Sliced Green Jalapeños, drained (optional)
- Heat a tablespoon of the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and salt and cook for 4-6 minutes. Stirring occasionally until softened.
- Stir in half of remaining oil, garlic, onion & peppers.Cook for a further 6-7 minutres, until vegetables have softened. Transfer to a small bowl, cover and keep warm.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan, add the chicken and cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, for 5-7 minutes, until cooked through. Stir in the salsa and the seasoning mix from the kit. Continue to cook for 4-6 minutes, until thickened. Stir in vegetable mixture.
- Meanwhile, warm the tortillas from the kit to pack instructions. Divide the chicken and vegetable mixture among tortillas. Serve topped with the soured cream, coriander and sliced jalapeños, if you like.
Graham and Nathan have taken to the kitchen for the Fajita Faceoff with Old El Paso! Each week they’re set to ‘Make Some Noise’, cooking up a storm and going head-to-head to see who can make each recipe the best.
Vote for your favourite and you could win an Old El Paso hamper of your very own to recreate one of Graham and Nathan's recipes or even come up with something totally unique.
Check out the video below and vote here.