Krispy Kreme to reopen
Krispy Kreme Blanchardstown have announced they'll reopen their drive-thru services to the public from May 25th.
Meanwhile, their doors will open to healthcare workers, members of An Garda Síochána and the fire brigade tomorrow.
Opening to the public
The Krispy Kreme drive-thru and the store will reopen to the public for take-away only from May 25th.
A prepacked doughnut menu will be available at the drive-thru and in store for this initial phase of opening.
This will enable a simpler manufacturing operation and quicker speed of service.
Customers in central Dublin may also be able to access delivery services via Deliveroo and Just Eat.
Krispy Kreme say its priority is always to protect its staff and customers.
They've consulted with health and safety, retail and manufacturing experts to ensure a safe environment for staff and customers.
According to Krispy Kreme, the reopening plan incorporates health and safety procedures and protocols.
The Dublin team have been fully consulted on the plan and all staff have received COVID-19 reopening training.
New measures for maximum protection include:
- Appointment of store COVID-19 officer(s) present at all times
- Two metre distancing floor and vertical signage inside and outside of the store
- Counter screens to protect staff and customers at the drive-thru and at collection points
- Staff shifts devised and rotas scheduled to ensure minimum number of staff required
- Mandated staff hand-washing at least every 20 minutes and sanitisation stations available for both customers and staff
- Face masks introduced as mandatory
- Pre-packed offerings only for launch and a more limited range of eight doughnut varieties
- Strict limitations on the number of people allowed in the store for collection at any one time
- Contactless payment and collection
Complimentary products for front line staff
Front line workers can avail of complimentary hot drinks and a three pack of original glazed doughnuts from tomorrow.
This service is only available for the next seven days.
From then on, essential workers will be able to avail of a 50% discount off the entire menu.
View this post on Instagram
Krispy Kreme are also pledging to serve 50,000 smiles (original glazed doughnuts) across a week-long programme of contactless community donations to a wide range of causes.
These causes include hospital front-line staff, Food Cloud, Garda stations, fire stations, care homes and many more.
This is to further recognise the efforts and commitment of front-line workers as well as to support local charities and good causes.
The store will also launch a program on its social media channels asking fans to recommend, 'unsung heroes,' in their communities.
These heroes will then be rewarded with doughnut/ smile vouchers.
Finally, the Krispy Kreme Dublin staff will be challenged to identify and surprise local heroes in their own neighbourhoods with doughnut gifts in recognition of their good deeds.
View this post on Instagram
Roll on May 25th!