72% of cases are under 45
There have been no new deaths reported to the Health Protection Surveillance Centre today.
There has now been a total of 1,792 COVID-19 related deaths in Ireland.
As of midnight Monday, 21 September, the HPSC has been notified of 334 confirmed cases of COVID-19. There is now a total of 33,444* confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Ireland.
Of the cases notified today;
- 158 are men / 175 are women
- 72% are under 45 years of age
- 53% are confirmed to be associated with outbreaks or are close contacts of a confirmed case
- 55 cases have been identified as community transmission
- 174 cases are in Dublin, 34 in Cork, 30 in Kildare, 18 in Donegal, 10 in Galway, 10 in Louth, 6 in Clare, 6 in Mayo, 6 in Meath, 6 in Roscommon, 6 in Waterford, 5 in Limerick, with the remaining 23 spread across 11 counties.
The HSE is working to identify any contacts the patients may have had to provide them with information and advice to prevent further spread.