The Health Protection Surveillance Centre has today been notified of 1 additional death related to COVID-19.
There has been a total of 4,836 COVID-19 related deaths in Ireland.
As of midnight, Saturday 17th April, the HPSC has been notified of 269 confirmed cases of COVID-19.
There has now been a total of 243,508* confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Ireland.
Of the cases notified today:
- 133 are men / 131 are women
- 70% are under 45 years of age
- The median age is 31 years old
As of 8am today, 181 COVID-19 patients are hospitalised, of which 47 are in ICU. 6 additional hospitalisations in the past 24 hours.
As of April 16th, 2021, 1,188,354 doses of COVID-19 vaccine have been administered in Ireland:
- 838,644 people have received their first dose
- 349,710 people have received their second dose