IF YOU HAVE ENTERED ONE OF OUR COMPETITIONS, TO ENSURE THAT YOU ARE COMPLETELY AWARE OF THE RULES WE ASK THAT YOU TAKE A COUPLE OF MINUTES TO READ THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS. YOUR ENTRY WILL BE GOVERNED BY THESE RULES IN RESPECT OF EVERYTHING FROM ELIGIBILITY TO PRIZES, HEALTH AND SAFETY ISSUES AND HOW WE USE YOUR ENTRY AND ARE LEGALLY BINDING, SO PLEASE… TAKE A LOOK.
- You are deemed to have unconditional acceptance of these terms and conditions when you enter a competition, prize draw, vote or poll (as together with any specific terms for such competition that may be mentioned on–air, in any messages or on Spin1038 and/or Spin Southwest ’s online or mobile applications.
- It is agreed and accepted by you that Spin1038 and/or Spin Southwest shall have no liability whatsoever in respect of competitions operated on behalf of third parties (for example, sponsors) (except in respect of death or personal injury directly attributable to Spin1038 and/or Spin Southwest 's negligence).
- All entry instructions and any other specific details relating to each individual competition or prizes form part of these Terms including but not limited to the Rules as set out below.
- The prize is subject to availability and to winner confirmation, i.e. the radio station has managed to contact the winner and confirm eligibility.
- You have made certain representations and warranties to Spin1038 and/or Spin Southwest (both in these Terms and otherwise) in applying for a place on the Competition. Spin1038 and/or Spin Southwest has relied on the accuracy and truth of such representations and warranties in granting a place to you. Should Spin1038 and/or Spin Southwest or its agents become aware of any fraud, deceit or similar action undertaken in connection with the Competition or otherwise, or any act or omission which might have (in Spin1038 and/or Spin Southwest ’s opinion, which shall be final) an adverse effect on the Competition, Spin1038 and/or Spin Southwest (or any of its radio stations), reserves the right to forfeit your place on the Competition (without giving any reason and without notice).
- All competition entries must be in the required format specified before the advertised closing date and Spin1038 and/or Spin Southwest will not accept any responsibility for incomplete, lost or entries that are processed late due to a technical malfunction.
- You agree to co-operate with and comply with all reasonable requests of Spin1038 and/or Spin Southwest ’s and its agents and employees (and in particular the health and safety team) in connection with the Competition and its broadcast. You consent to the recording and broadcast of your participation and use of your image as part of the Competition.
- The interests and good reputation of Spin1038 and/or Spin Southwest are paramount and Spin1038 and/or Spin Southwest may, at its sole discretion, withdraw a place or require you to cease to have any involvement in the Competition if it believes it is in the best interests of Spin1038 and/or Spin Southwest to do so. In particular (without limitation), Spin1038 and/or Spin Southwest reserves the right to immediately withdraw your place on the Competition or the Prize if it believes you to be in breach of any of its obligations, or representations and warranties, under these Terms or otherwise conducts yourself in a manner which is inappropriate or unsuitable (in the discretion of Spin1038 and/or Spin Southwest ). You shall be responsible for any additional costs in this respect (including the costs of your any travel to collect the prize, if necessary). You will not by any act or omission do anything, which might bring Spin1038 and/or Spin Southwest into disrepute.
- You represent and warrant that you do not have any criminal convictions or criminal record and have not undertaken any past act or conduct which could affect the reputation of the Competition or Spin1038 and/or Spin Southwest .
- Staff of Spin1038 and/or Spin Southwest (employees or contractors) immediate families or other persons connected with this competition are not eligible to enter.
- You must be a resident of the Republic of Ireland. Employees, freelancers and contractors of Spin1038 and/or Spin Southwest , their families, press, agencies or any persons directly or indirectly connected with the competition are not eligible to enter any competitions.
- You may not enter a Competition if you have been given the answers or any other relevant information in relation to the Competition, either directly, or indirectly, by any employee of any Competition sponsor or Prize giver.
- Candidates in any General, national, local or European election will be ineligible, during the period of such Election, to enter any Competition until after the conclusion of such Election.
- Prize is as offered and no cash alternative will apply.
- You will comply with the instructions and directions of Spin1038 and/or Spin Southwest (failure to do so may lead to immediate disqualification, at Spin1038 and/or Spin Southwest direction).
- Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be void (in Spin1038 and/or Spin Southwest ’s absolute discretion).
- Spin1038 and/or Spin Southwest does not accept responsibility for entries lost, damaged or delayed in transit to the competition address. Proof of posting will not be accepted as proof of receipt (nor will proof that an e-mail or mobile message has been sent rather than received).
- Source material utilised by Spin1038 and/or Spin Southwest 's question compilers shall be taken as correct
- Late entries will not be accepted (in Spin1038 and/or Spin Southwest 's discretion).
- The decision of Spin1038 and/or Spin Southwest 's judges is final and conclusive in all circumstances and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The prize will only be awarded to the winner.
- The prize must be claimed within a year.
- Unless otherwise stated all taxes, insurance, fees and surcharges on any prize are the sole responsibility of the winner.
- Where there are multiple prizes are on offer in a single competition only one win per household will be permitted.
- A person may not win more than one prize valued at €500 or greater (subject to station discretion) within a six month period following the first win, nor shall any member of such person’s family residing at the same address (including, but not limited to, aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents etc.). Spin1038 and/or Spin Southwest reserves the right to withhold prizes from any such person, and to reclaim any such prize if a breach of this rule is subsequently discovered. Where free tickets, "guest list" or complimentary tickets are provided the prize value will be calculated at the
promoters advertised ticket price.
- The competition is open to all residents on the island of Ireland aged 18 years and over or with permission of a bill payer.
- You may only enter a Competition as an individual; any entries that, in Spin1038 and/or Spin Southwest ’s absolute discretion, have been made via participation in a syndicate will be disqualified.
- Any entries made, in Spin1038 and/or Spin Southwest ’s absolute discretion, via any form of machine assisted intervention enabling multiple entries will be disqualified.
- Spin1038 and/or Spin Southwest reserves the right to discount multiple entries from the same IP address or telephone number, unless the specific terms and conditions for the Competition state that multiple entries are permitted.
- Spin1038 and/or Spin Southwest reserves the right to require proof of age and evidence to verify the identity of an entrant at any time and may use any reasonable channels and methods available to carry out checks of any details provided by the entrant.
- The full name and surname given at time of entry to any competition or giveaway must precisely match that on the photo ID produced when collecting the prize.
- Use of a false name or address by a competition entrant will disqualify you from receiving any prize.
- Spin1038 and/or Spin Southwest shall be entitled, in its absolute discretion, to cancel a competition with immediate effect by on air announcement (in the case of on-air competitions) or by stating the same on the relevant website (in the case of on-line competitions) without any liability in respect thereof.
- In order to enable Spin1038 and/or Spin Southwest to correctly identify genuine claims and to eliminate non-genuine, deceitful or fraudulent claims, Spin1038 and/or Spin Southwest reserves the right to carry out an interview (by telephone or in person with you and to tape record the interview). If you refuse to participate in or answer all questions raised in such an interview without good reason then your place will be treated as invalidated.
- Spin1038 and/or Spin Southwest does not accept any liability for claims or prizes which are lost, delayed or damaged in the post or otherwise not validly received by you.
- If the prize is provided by a third party, Spin1038 and/or Spin Southwest accepts no responsibility whatsoever for the supply or non supply or purported supply or delay in supply of the prize, including without limitation, the failure of the winner to receive ownership of or use the prize. Where appropriate, prize winner is required to complete all applicable booking and/or other formalities directly with specified third party providers.
- Some competitions may require entrants to take part in a programme in order to win the prize. Where this is required and where an entrant fails to take part as required or takes part but fails a subsequent test of skill which is required to win the prize, that contestant will not be awarded the prize.
- If you fail to answer your telephone when we phone you or you become disconnected for any reason before or during the Competition, we reserve the right to select another entrant.
- If a call to a finalist cannot be completed on-air due to technical issues on the part of Spin1038 and/or Spin Southwest or time restrictions, Spin1038 and/or Spin Southwest reserves the right to announce the winner on-air on the next programme, in which case the finalists will not be required to take the presenter’s call in order to be deemed winners.
- Neither Spin1038 and/or Spin Southwest or its agents accept any responsibility whatsoever for any death, injury, damage, loss, expense or liability arising as a result of winning a prize.
- Spin1038 and/or Spin Southwest ’s decision is final and binding in all matters and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Spin1038 and/or Spin Southwest reserves the right to change any aspect of the prize.
- Spin1038 and/or Spin Southwest are excluded from liability for any loss, damage or injury which might occur to the winner arising from his or her acceptance of the prize.
- The winner may be required to participate in unpaid promotional related publicity undertaken by Spin1038 and/or Spin Southwest or its associated companies.
- Entry to this competition shall be deemed full and unconditional acceptance of the terms & conditions.
- If due to circumstances beyond its control a prize becomes unavailable Spin1038 and/or Spin Southwest reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal value.
- Spin1038 and/or Spin Southwest accepts no liability (and excludes all liability) for any loss of profit, business, contracts, revenues or anticipated savings or for special, direct, indirect or consequential loss of any nature howsoever arising.
- Spin1038 and/or Spin Southwest reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions.
- You agree to undertake as requested by Spin1038 and/or Spin Southwest all interviews, Competitions and other activities and to the reproduction publication exhibition transmission and broadcast by all means and media throughout the world at the discretion of Spin1038 and/or Spin Southwest in perpetuity. Winners must as a condition of the prize participate in all required publicity
- You grant all the consents, if any, which the company may require under the Copyright and Related Rights Act, 2000 in relation to you participation and use of your image and under the laws of any other jurisdiction throughout the world. This shall include the right to alter, edit and compile the audio recording in any way whatsoever. You confirm that the use by Spin1038 and/or Spin Southwest of the audio recording or image submitted will not infringe any third party rights and shall indemnify Spin1038 and/or Spin Southwest for any loss, damage or liability arising in connection therewith.
- The winner and if there is a prize for two, then also their companion may be required to provide their signature as proof of their agreement to relevant waivers, releases and/or consents when taking up the prize. Failure to sign any relevant documentation may result in forfeiture of the prize.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of Ireland and subject to the jurisdiction of the Irish Courts.
Entries By Mobile Phone and online
- Entrants are required to follow instructions on websites as indicated in the interaction information. Internet Service Provider fees may apply.
- Texts cost may vary from competition and please be aware that short codes may change from competition to competition and in some instances may require two text messages.
- You may need to check with your service provider for details of phone network compatibility.
- You will pay any text messaging charges via your service provider.
- Please take care to follow the exact on-air or online Competition instruction as we cannot guarantee Competition entry for misspelt entries.
- A valid entry consists of a correct answer entered accompanied by the entrant’s name, address, email address and a phone number.
- Entries not submitted in accordance with rules will be disqualified.
- If you are viewing or listening via an IP enabled device such as a smartphone or tablet, please remember that the stream may be slower than on a television. If a competition requires you to enter by a deadline dependent on an item in the broadcast no entries from a replay may be accepted.
- Spin1038 and/or Spin Southwest will not accept responsibility for any technical failure or malfunction or any other problem in any network, system, server, provider, or otherwise which may result in entries being lost, in audible, incomprehensible.
- Bulk entries are void and cannot be accepted.
Entries to competition phone lines
- Phone entrants are required to call the phone number in the competition information and follow the instructions in the recorded phone message.
- Entrants will be required to leave an answer to the relevant question, their full name, address and a daytime contact telephone number. The charge per call will be as indicated in the Competition Information.
- Calls made from mobile phones and phone lines may vary.
- Once the telephone number is dialled and the entrant is connected the cost of entry will be incurred together with any charge from the network that operates your phone.
Entries with a submitted contribution
- Where entrants are required to submit a contribution ( which may include but is not limited to photographs, video, Facetime/Skype audio, live-media images, drawings, entrants must agree to Spin1038 and/or Spin Southwest ’s online terms. Entrants are required to submit copies rather than original material.
- By submitting your contribution you are deemed to be consenting to allowing Spin1038 and/or Spin Southwest ’s use of your material in compliance with Copyright and Related Rights Act, 2000.
All prizes are non-transferable and may not be given or assigned to another person. Prizes cannot be exchanged for cash or other alternatives. SPIN may, in its sole discretion, substitute a reasonable alternative for any of the prizes at any time.
- SPIN does not accept any liability for claims of prizes which are lost, delayed or damaged in the post or otherwise not validly received by you.Please allow up to 28 working days for your prize to be available for collection or to be delivered. The majority of prizes are delivered by post (usually via the An Post service). Some prizes must be collected from our offices, which are open weekdays from 08.30-17.30. You must have photo ID when collecting a prize. You will be contacted by phone, text message or email once your prize is available for collection. Please note that some prizes, such as concert tickets, may not be available until closer to the date of the gig.Once you have received notification that your prize is available for collection, you must do so within three (3) months. Any uncollected prizes will be re-allocated and your claim will be invalid.In the case of prizes in the form of free tickets, ticket holders shall be bound by the event promoter's terms and conditions together with those set out on the ticket and the rules and regulations of the venue.
- In the case of prizes in the form of addition to the "free list" or "guest list" of the event promoter you must arrive and gain admittance to the venue at the published start time of the event. Late admission to an event is at the event promoters’ discretion. All Guest List admission shall be bound by the event promoter's terms and conditions together with those set out on the actual ticket and the rules and regulations of the venue.
- Spin1038 and/or Spin Southwest will not be responsible for replacing a prize if a concert or ticketed event has been awarded as a prize and the concert or event is cancelled or postponed.
*** Please note - due to the on-going Covid-19 pandemic, some prizes are taking longer to deliver than normal. ***
Competitions with a travel prize
- It is agreed and accepted by you to fully comply with all travel and accommodation arrangements made by Spin1038 and/or Spin Southwest or its agents in connection with your participation in the Competition.
- Certain dates may be excluded when the winner may not take up the prize. Prizes must be taken in accordance with the dates and destinations and number of passengers specified by Spin1038 and/or Spin Southwest . There will be no cash alternative. There will be no alternative destination.
- Where the prize involves travel or accommodation, Spin1038 and/or Spin Southwest reserves the right to determine a final date by which the prize must be taken. Where the prize necessitates travel and/or attending an event on a specific date, the winner must be available on the date(s) specified by Spin1038 and/or Spin Southwest in the interaction information and no alternative dates will be available.
- All elements relating to a prize including travel and/or accommodation must be taken up during one period, and not on non consecutive dates.
- The winner and whoever is accompanying them must hold a valid passport and the required visa or travel documentation.
- The winner and their companion must travel together, departing from and returning to the same location at the same time and on the same itinerary. All holidays must be taken within 6 months of the date of the competition or will be deemed invalid.
- The Prize provider and/or their agents cannot guarantee that seats will be adjacent to each other.
- Where the prize includes a cheque, voucher, or gift card, such a prize will be payable in euros and cannot be made payable to any third party.
- Holidays are non-transferable. Holidays are subject to availability. You must hold a valid Irish passport with at least 6 months' further duration (or competition entry will be invalid).
- Holidays are not available to persons under the age of 18 without the express prior written permission of Spin1038 and/or Spin Southwest . Children between the ages of 12 and 16 years for the purpose of airfares are considered to be adults. Children under 18 years of age must obtain written consent from a parent or guardian and cannot travel unless accompanied by an adult over the age of 18.
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances or circumstances outside Spin1038 and/or Spin Southwest 's reasonable control Spin1038 and/or Spin Southwest reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of equal value. No cash will be offered.
- You must comply with the terms and limitations of any insurance policy relating to the holiday.
- You must comply with the terms and conditions of the airline and other transportation and venues involved in the Competition or the Prize. In particular, you shall comply with all health and safety guidelines and instructions and all applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
- You are not entitled nor authorised in any way to commit Spin1038 and/or Spin Southwest to any contract, expense or cost entered into or incurred without its advance written acceptance of the same. No variation of these Terms is effective unless approved by an authorised representative of Spin1038 and/or Spin Southwest in writing.
- Passport control and in-country authorities will reserve the right to refuse entry. If you are refused passage and or entry/exit to or from the country being visited, any additional costs incurred will be your sole responsibility.
- Any flights, other transport, airport details, accommodation or other aspects of the Prize, dates and times quoted by Spin1038 and/or Spin Southwest or its agents are for guidance only and are subject to change without notice with no liability arising. You must have sufficient financial resources to meet any financial commitment which they may incur in connection with the Prize beyond those included in the Prize itself (including, without limitation, transfers to and from a London airport, meals and drinks).
- You must comply with and are responsible for attending to any inoculation and health regulations required for your destination.
Online voting and Polls
- The following general terms and conditions apply to all votes and interactive polls promoted by Spin1038 and/or Spin Southwest together with any specific terms as set out in the interaction information.
- Open/Close times: The opening and closing time for voting or participating in the interactive poll is as specified in the interaction information. Poll or votes made or received outside of these specified times will not be counted but may still be charged where applicable.
- Spin1038 and/or Spin Southwest or its agents may suspend, withdraw or re-set any voting or poll and/or may change times for voting and participating in the poll or the rule for participating in the poll or vote in their sole discretion at any time.
- Anyone having difficulties getting through to the voting lines or interactive poll service should wait and then try again within times when the vote or poll is open.
- In order to vote or take part in an interactive poll or vote, you must follow the instructions as set out in the interactive information.
- Your vote will not be counted or interaction will not be taken into account if you attempt to vote or take part in the poll using a method that is not specified in the interaction information.
- The cost for voting or taking party in the poll is as indicated in the interactive information.
- Where there is a charge for voting or participating in a poll, permission of the bill payer must be obtained. There is no refund where calls are misdialled
- For competitions involving online voting only one vote for each valid email address will be accepted and we reserve the right to disqualify any Entrant making, , or attempting to make, multiple votes.
- Voting and participating in an interactive poll is intended for individuals as consumers and the programme producers reserve the right to discount voles or polls if they reasonably consider them to have been made other than by individuals as consumers and those within the jurisdiction.
- In the event of any fault, mistake, misunderstanding or dispute concerning the outcome of a vote or poll, or the operation of any part of the interactive service the decision of Spin1038 and/or Spin Southwest or its agent shall be final.
- The result of the vote or poll will be established from all eligible votes or poll entries submitted between the opening date/time and the closing date/time of that vote or poll and received by the Spin1038 and/or Spin Southwest and/or the producer of the programme. The outcome of the vote or poll will be revealed and/or published after the lines have closed.
- If there is a tie the producer of the programme or agent may take into account the circumstances and information available to them at the time.
- If you are voting on whether a person continues to participate in a programme and that contestant is unable to perform or is prevented from performing fulling in the programme for any reason including without limitation medical reasons, then the producer will decide if a person can continue in the programme. The producers may use their sole discretion to determine if another contestant may be allowed to participate in the programme.
- The producer or agent reserves the right to discount or disqualify votes activity that excessively manipulate the outcome or polls such as auto-diallers or automated technology or an individual using multiple different phone numbers.
- Spin1038 & Spin Southwest reserves the right to ban an individual from future interactive services and disqualify and/or discount any future entries, votes or polls made in respect of our interactive services.
Health and Safety
- By signing the Agreement, you confirm and warrant that, to the best of your knowledge, your general state of health is good and you have no medical condition that could be adversely affected by strenuous exercise or any of the events or activities planned or reasonably expected to be involved in the Competition.
- You must take all reasonable steps to ensure your own health and safety. Any behaviour or act or conduct by you which Spin1038 and/or Spin Southwest considers to pose any medical, security or safety risk will lead to your immediate disqualification (including without limitation any abusive behaviour, physical or psychological).
- You are obliged to take all reasonable steps to ensure the safety standards and the general appropriateness of activities undertaken during the Competition and acknowledge that all activities are undertaken at your own risk. You must notify Spin1038 and/or Spin Southwest of any medical or other condition which may mean that you are unfit for travel or participation in the Competition as soon as you become aware of such a condition. Spin1038 and/or Spin Southwest reserves the right to forfeit your place on the Competition or the Prize (without liability or compensation) if, in its opinion, you may expose yourself or others to risk of illness or injury or to the cancellation, disruption, or curtailment of the Competition.
- You agree not to carry on your person (or in your possession or control) or to purchase or consume during the Competition any illegal substance. You acknowledge and agree that alcohol consumption will only be allowed with the express prior consent of Spin1038 and/or Spin Southwest and the health and safety team, who will have full authority to direct that you shall not consume any more alcohol.
- You will comply with all directions of Spin1038 and/or Spin Southwest in respect of health and safety (failure to do so may lead to immediate disqualification, at Spin1038 and/or Spin Southwest 's discretion).
- You undertake not at any time to disclose, reveal, communicate or otherwise make public any information relating to Spin1038 and/or Spin Southwest , its business, personnel, servants, agents or officers to anyone.
- You may not publicise your involvement in the competition or the fact that you have won a prize without the prior written permission of Spin1038 and/or Spin Southwest .
- In the case of competitions which require you to submit audio recordings you grant to Spin1038 and/or Spin Southwest the unconditional and irrevocable right to broadcast the audio recording(s) submitted by you by live or deferred transmission in all formats (including, without limitation, analogue, digital, internet, cable, satellite and telephony broadcasts). This shall include the right to alter, edit and compile the audio recording in any way whatsoever. You confirm that the use by Spin1038 and/or Spin Southwest of the audio recording submitted will not infringe any third party rights and shall indemnify Spin1038 and/or Spin Southwest for any loss, damage or liability arising in connection therewith.
- You represent and warrant that you have the right, power and authority to grant the rights set out above and that you have obtained all consents and permissions in respect of the same.
- For the avoidance of doubt, all rights in the name and title of the Competition and the format rights for the Competition will vest exclusively in Spin1038 and/or Spin Southwest for its own use (in its absolute discretion).
Competitions on Social Network Platforms
- These additional terms and conditions apply in respect to competitions presented or operated on the Spin1038 and/or Spin Southwest page and other pages operated or maintained by Spin1038 and/or Spin Southwest on the Facebook social networking platform:
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with and social network platform. You are providing your information to (Spin1038 and/or Spin Southwest ) and not to any social network platform. The information you provide will only be used for the administration of the competition by Spin1038 and/or Spin Southwest unless otherwise stated.
- No social network platform is liable in any way for any costs, expenses, damages, liability or injury arising out of or in any way connected with the promotion, competition or prizes.
"The Spin Network"
- During weekdays between 1900-0700 & 1000-1500, programmes are shared between Spin 1038 and Spin Southwest. This is defined as the "Spin Network" and entries for competitions during this time will be pooled across both radio stations.
Eurolines: Terms and Conditions
1. Carriage of passengers Carriage of passengers and their luggage is subject to the respective standard conditions of carriage of Bus Éireann - Irish Bus, Broadstone, Dublin 7, National Express Group PLC, National Express House, Birmingham Coach Station, Mill Lane, Digbeth, Birmingham, B5 6DD, Eurolines (UK) Ltd., Eastern Docks, Dover CT16 1JA and Irish Ferries, PO Box 19, Alexandra Road, Ferryport, Dublin 1 which are available for inspection on application to these offices. Passengers should note that the conditions of carriage on the ship portion of the journey specifically incorporate the provisions of the Athens Convention of 1974. See important notice at Ferry Terminal before boarding vessel. In the event of demand for the services being greater than that which can be accommodated on one coach, or otherwise - for operational reasons, it may be necessary for passengers to change vehicles at the port, or at intermediate or interchange points en route. Service levels are subject to market demand and may be impacted by unforeseen circumstances.
2. Child Child fares as shown in the fare tables are applicable to those between 1 year and 12 years of age. Persons under 16 years are not permitted to travel on any service unless accompanied by an adult over 18 years of age. Please note: An infant’s weight and height will determine if a baby seat is required for travel on the coach. Standard EU Regulations apply.
3. Early Bird Fares Early bird tickets are issued at promotional fare valid for single or return travel. Tickets must be booked 7 days or more before date of travel and is subject to availability. Return ticket is not valid for 2 journeys in the same direction. Dates for outward and/or inward travel must be specified at time of booking. Outward and/or inward travel must occur within 1 month. There are no amendments and no refunds on these tickets.
4. Luggage Each passenger may take one small item of hand luggage (capable of fitting into an overhead luggage rack or beneath their seat) with them onto the coach. Hand luggage must not be left unattended during ferry crossings or at refreshment stops. All other luggage must be stored in the coach’s luggage compartment. One additional item of luggage is included with your ticket, each item not exceeding 80 x 70 x 20cm in size and weighing no more than 15kg. In the event a passenger wishes to add a further bag to the luggage hold, they may do so at a cost of €10.00 per bag. This cannot be done via the driver; it must be done when booking your ticket. Each passenger must present their luggage to customs or security for examination if required, and all luggage must be labelled. Medication, cash, documents, and other valuables must not be stored in luggage but should be always kept with each passenger. The company is not obliged to
carry any of the following items of luggage and passengers may not bring them onto any coach - any weapons, drugs or solvents (other than medicines), live or dead animals, fish or insects, battery powered wheelchairs, prams, non-folding pushchairs, bicycles, skis and surfboards. The company does not accept liability for loss or damage to the passenger’s luggage or to any possessions of the passenger (however caused), unless such loss or damage is proven to have been caused by the negligence, breach of duty or breach of statutory duty of the company. In the event of the company being proven liable for loss or damage under this clause the liability shall be limited to a maximum of €254 per passenger. Guide dogs and Assistance dogs accompanying passengers are permitted to travel on all Eurolines services free of charge. An Assistance dog must be clearly identifiable either by coat or harness to distinguish it as a working dog and not a pet. A pet passport should also be carried. Apart from the foregoing exceptions, dogs, cats or any other animals or live fowl of any description WILL NOT be carried.
5. Travel Insurance Passengers are recommended to take out Travel Insurance which is available at most travel agents.
6. Tickets All passengers travelling on the coach must have a valid ticket. A ticket is non-transferable and may only be used by the person(s) named on it. The ticket must show customer’s full name, otherwise it will not be valid for travel. Free Travel passes are not valid/accepted on Expressway Eurolines Services. Return tickets have a maximum validity of 60 days. Promotional tickets are subject to the conditions specified in the promotion. Return tickets are valid for outward and return travel on the dates shown on the ticket. Tickets must be retained for inspection and must be produced for inspection on request by any authorised official of Bus Éireann, National Express, Eurolines or any other authorised agency. Tickets must also be surrendered if and when requested by any authorised official of Bus Éireann, National Express, Eurolines or any other authorised agency. All tickets are valid for travel as indicated by the fare paid and/or details printed on the tickets at time of issue. Passengers are obliged to ensure that these details are correct in respect of the journey intended. Standard tickets may be altered subject to accommodation being available. An amendment fee of €10.00 per leg of journey will be charged for this facility. Note: No amendments or refunds are permitted on Early Bird or promotional tickets. Please note that any amended tickets are not eligible for a refund. Tickets may not be altered after the departure of the service on which passengers are booked. If the published fare payable for the ticket as amended would be more than the fare already paid for that ticket, then an additional fare will be payable for the difference, but the fare already paid by the passenger will not be refunded except in accordance with any refunds expressly allowed under these general Conditions of Carriage. The company will not replace lost, mislaid, or stolen tickets. Passengers
will be required to purchase a new standard fare ticket to enable them to travel. If a ticket is spoiled or tampered with, it will be invalidated and if a passenger travels with it, s/he will be considered to have travelled without a ticket. If a passenger’s ticket is spoiled or tampered with before travel, then the company may at its absolute discretion replace that ticket if passenger asks for a replacement a reasonable time before scheduled to travel and provides the company with proof of his/her purchase, his/her identity, and an acceptable explanation as to why his/her ticket was spoiled or tampered with. The company may refuse to replace a ticket at its discretion and will charge €10.00 fee for replacing a ticket.
7. Refunds Where travel is cancelled over 48 hours before time of travel a refund will be made subject to an administration fee of 20% of the value of the unused ticket. Cancellations less than 48 hours before time of travel will be subject to an administration fee of 50% of the value of the unused ticket. No refunds for ‘no show’ or for lost, stolen or mislaid tickets. Certain ticket categories have special conditions which do not permit changes to or cancellations of reservations. No refunds will be made on partially used tickets under any circumstances. No partial refunds will be permitted. No refunds on tickets that have been amended.
8. Failure of Ferry Service to Operate Passengers should note that in the event of a disruption to Ferry Services, for any reason whatsoever, Bus Éireann/National Express/Eurolines will not be liable for alternative travel arrangements, accommodation and/or other costs incurred by passengers. However, every effort will be made to facilitate passengers on the earliest available departure after such disruptions. No refunds are permitted when an alternative date is arranged for passengers of a cancelled service.
9. Special Notice Passengers should note that due to security procedures and customs regulations, passengers will be required to disembark from the coach at the Ferry Port, coach stations or other locations to have their luggage checked and to present suitable identity documents for verification. All passengers shall be deemed to be fully acquainted with customs, police, security, censorship, and immigration requirements applicable to international travel. In the event of passengers being unable to satisfy the requirements of the relevant authorities before the departure time shown in the published timetables, services will not be delayed. The company shall not be liable for any loss, damage or expense arising as a result of such delays or inability to complete a journey. Any inconvenience caused by these restrictions is regretted.
10. General Terms Passengers are not permitted to:
1. Smoke in or on any part of a vehicle operated by the company
2. Bring on to the company’s vehicles or have in their possession when on them, intoxicating liquor for the purpose of consuming the same
3. Consume intoxicating liquor on the company’s vehicles
4. Enter or remain upon the company’s vehicles having consumed intoxicating liquor or when drunk
5. Bring on to the company’s vehicles hot food or beverages
6. Bring on to the company’s vehicles or have in their possession when on them any medicinal products other than for medicinal purposes within the meaning of the Misuse of Drugs Act 1977
7. Remain on a vehicle when directed to leave by the driver or other company official on the grounds that he or she is causing a nuisance.
1. Winners to competitions will be bound by all of these Terms and Conditions as normal. The value of tickets assigned will be the then standard prices for single/ return fares. Cannot be converted to money. The prize is ticket(s) to travel on Expressway Eurolines service to Birmingham and London. Tickets are not transferable.
2. Any vouchers (cash or hotel) can only be used in conjunction with the travel arrangements for Eurolines and are not transferable. Value of tickets is assigned by Expressway team. Cannot be converted to money or redeemed in any other way. Any costs above voucher value are the liability of the prize winner(s). Please also note that there may be additional Terms and Conditions that will apply by the issuer of the vouchers.
The company reserves the right to refuse entry to or to remove from the company’s vehicles any passenger who shall be or, in the opinion of the driver or other company official appears to be, in breach of any of the provisions of condition number 10 and any passenger so refused or removed shall not be entitled to any refund or compensation whatsoever from the company and the company shall have no liability to the passenger whatsoever. In the context of the foregoing conditions “company’s vehicle” means any coach, bus, car or other mechanically propelled vehicle owned, operated, or controlled by Bus Éireann/National Express/Eurolines, or any other person or organisation acting on behalf of any or all of the companies aforementioned.
All passengers must check-in prior to departure:
1. Photo ID: Passengers should note they will be asked to produce photo identification when checking-in at the Eurolines Desk or to a driver, e.g., Valid Passport, Driver’s licence with photo, International Student Identity Card, CIE Photo ID Card, National ID Card or Bus Pass with photo.
2. Check-in at major departure terminals: Passengers are required to check-in no later than 30 minutes before the scheduled departure time at the appropriate point indicated at the departure location, unless otherwise indicated on travel ticket. The check-in closes 15 minutes before the scheduled departure time for
the service. SERVICES FROM DUBLIN DEPART FROM BUSÁRAS (CENTRAL BUS STATION) AND ALL PASSENGERS MUST CHECK-IN WITH THE DRIVER AT THAT LOCATION. PASSENGERS ARE NOT PERMITTED TO BOARD ANY EUROLINES SERVICE AT A FERRY TERMINAL UNLESS THEIR COACH AND FERRY TICKETS WERE PURCHASED FROM THE TICKET OFFICE AT THAT PARTICULAR FERRY TERMINAL.
3. Departure at intermediate stops: Passengers should arrive at the boarding point for a service at least 10 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time for that service, unless otherwise indicated on the travel ticket.
4. Effect of late arrival or check-in: The company may give a seat to another passenger if passenger arrives later than the scheduled check-in time, in which case passenger will be considered to have missed the service. The company shall not be liable to passenger if s/he misses any service as a result of his/her late arrival and shall not be obliged to hold up any service to wait for him/her, or to provide a seat on any other service if passenger misses a service.
If a short halt is made on a service for meals or refreshments, passengers must return to the coach punctually within the time allowed for the halt. The company shall not be obliged to hold up the coach to wait for any passenger, and the company shall not be liable to any passenger who misses the coach because s/he returns later. The company will not reimburse any additional costs a passenger may incur as a result of him/her missing the coach.
Passengers may not board or leave any service except at the starting or finishing point of the journey, save for any short meal or refreshment break permitted. In the context of the foregoing conditions “the company” refers to any or all the following – Bus Éireann-Irish Bus, National Express Ltd., Eurolines (UK) Ltd., or any other person or organisation acting on behalf of any or all of the companies aforementioned. Passengers are advised to familiarise themselves with Regulation (EU) 181/2011 which sets out their rights when travelling by bus and coach. More information is available at www.expressway.ie/eurolines
•By entering the competition you agree to accept these terms and conditions.
We wish you lots of luck entering our competitions.
We are grateful to our listeners for supporting the station, and are keen that there should be a fair distribution of prizes amongst all listeners. For this reason, on very rare occasions, it may be necessary to restrict a particular listener from winning successive prizes on the station .
** To this end - we have compiled a winners database for internal office use only **