It's rainy, it's basically still night time outside and it's a Wednesday but trust us, these recipes will turn your hump day around.
Galaxy Rocky Road
- 350g Galaxy Chocolate
- 150g plain chocolate
- 125g Butter
- 125g Digestive biscuits
- 125g Rich Tea biscuits
- 125g Mini Marshmallows
- 2 tablespoons Golden syrup
- 50g Maltesers
- Line a 7-inch square tin with greaseproof paper or cling film.
- Melt butter, golden syrup, plain chocolate and 150g of Galaxy chocolate over low heat. Stir occasionally to make sure all ingredients are melted together.
- Add the biscuits (roughly chopped), Maltesers and marshmallows. Mix well.
- Pour mixture into prepared tin. Place in fridge to set.
- Melt the remaining dreamy Galaxy chocolate in a bowl over boiling water, stirring frequently until melted.
- Pour the melted Galaxy chocolate over the set cake and return to the fridge to set again. Once completely cold and set, remove from the tin and cut into portions.
For the cupcakes:
- 1 + 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- ½ cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- ¾ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
For the frosting:
- 2 + ¾ cups confectioners’ sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 5 tablespoons evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Galaxy chocolate
- Galaxy Minstrels
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees C. Line a muffin tin with paper or foil liners. Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well with each addition, then stir in the vanilla. Add the flour mixture alternately with the milk; beat well. Fill the muffin cups ¾ full.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- To make the frosting get a medium bowl and sift together the confectioner’ sugar and cocoa and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter until smooth, then gradually beat in sugar mixture alternately with evaporated milk. Blend in vanilla. Beat until light and fluffy. If necessary, adjust consistency with more milk or sugar.
- Top frosting with Galaxy chocolate, melted Galaxy and Galaxy Minstrels.
Now we know you’re dreaming about Galaxy Chocolate and guess what? We’ve this hamper to give away:
Head to our Facebook page now for your chance to win it!