One of the biggest Irish music festivals of the year is finally here! Longitude 2017 is taking place in Marlay Park Friday 14th-Sunday 16th July.
Over the course of the weekend we'll have international acts such as The Weeknd, Stormzy, Pusha T and Mac Miller.
It will also host an ever-growing pool of Irish talent such as Picture This, Villagers and All Tvvins.
If you're heading along to the SOLD OUT festival this year, below is all you need to know.
ENTRY TO THE EVENT
Large bags and backpacks will not be allowed in to the festival, only small bags measuring no bigger than A4 (8.27in/21cm x 11.7in/29.7cm) will be permitted into the event. Bags smaller than A4 will be searched on entry, to avoid lengthy queues we strongly advise that you do not bring a bag.
There will be no cloakroom or storage facilities. Bags must not be left at entrances or surrounding areas. Any items left will be removed and disposed of accordingly.
You will also be searched at the entrance to the event which may include a full body pat down and/or use of hand held metal detectors. Any item(s) which may be reasonably considered for use as a weapon, or which may cause danger or disruption to any other persons at the event, will be confiscated.
Please allow plenty of time to get into the event, and for festival entry procedures, ticket checks and searches.
Persons suspected of carrying items that may be used in an offensive or dangerous manner, or carrying out illegal activities within the arena or other parts of the site may be searched.
- There will be a strict NO Alcohol Policy implemented on all public transport and private buses travelling to the venue
- Please do not arrive at the event intoxicated as you will not be permitted entry.
- There is no re-admission to single day ticket holders.
- Wristband exchange is only for people with 2 day or 3 day tickets. Wristbands removed from the wrist or tampered with in any way will be deemed invalid and will not be replaced
- Note that the concert may be recorded for visual and audio broadcast
It would also be advisable to download the official Longitude app which will help you explore the festival from your mobile device. The app will be live from Tuesday 11th July which you can download HERE.
PLEASE NOTE TICKETMASTER IS THE TICKETING AGENT FOR THIS EVENT. THE PROMOTER STRONGLY ADVISES YOU DO NOT BUY TICKETS FROM UNOFFICIAL SOURCES.
BANNED ITEMS THAT SHOULD NOT BE BROUGHT INTO THE GROUNDS
- Large bags and backpacks will not be allowed in to the event, only small bags measuring no bigger than A4 (8.27in/21cm x 11.7in/29.7cm) will be permitted.
- Fold up chairs (Garden furniture) or shooting sticks, umbrellas, selfie sticks, flares/fireworks, laser pens, megaphone/air horns, aerosols, spray cans, smoke & gas canisters, nitrous oxide & any associated equipment, glass, drones, Chinese lanterns, sound systems, unofficial tabards/high viz.
- Illegal/unidentifiable substances, “legal highs”, herbal highs or NoS.
- Anything that can be perceived as a weapon or which could cause danger or disruption to any other persons at the event.
- Professional cameras with a detachable lens, recording equipment or Go Pro’s.
- Note that catering and bar facilities are available inside the venue. NO ALCOHOL OR DRINKS are permitted to be brought into the venue with the exception of up to 500ml of soft drinks in a sealed plastic bottle.
- Animals with the exception of guide dogs.
- Excessive amounts of cigarettes.
BANNED ITEMS WILL BE CONFISCATED AND WILL NOT BE RETURNED.
No unaccompanied under 16’s are allowed on site. All under 16’s require a ticket to the event and must be accompanied by a ticket holding adult, parent or guardian over 18. Note you may be asked to prove your age with photo ID or you will be refused admission.
Acceptable forms are: Passport, Garda Age Card, Driving Licence
Acceptable forms of ID for Under 18’s are: School or College ID PLUS a colour copy of your in-date passport.
Please note that our bars operate a Challenge 21 policy.
Acceptable forms of proof of age are: Passport, Garda Age Card, Driving-Licence
- An Garda Síochána will operate a Zero tolerance policy regarding alcohol consumption in public areas, any illegal criminal or anti-social behaviour
- Please respect the property and privacy of residents in the vicinity
- Please use the toilets that have been provided and refrain from public urination
- Please use the car, coach and bus parks provided, do not park illegally or in residential areas
- Note that official merchandising will be available inside the grounds only
WE URGE ALL FESTIVAL-GOERS TO RESPECT LOCAL RESIDENTS AND THEIR COMMUNITY BY NOT LITTERING, NOT URINATING IN PUBLIC, NOT ENGAGING IN ANTI SOCIAL BEHAVIOUR AND BY NOT PARKING ILLEGALLY OR IN RESIDENTIAL AREAS. THE STEWARDING AND SECURITY MEASURES BEING TAKEN ARE FOR THE SAFETY OF ALL.
Disabled customer parking is accessed via College Road. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to register and for other non-ticket related enquiries.
For accessible ticket queries please contact Ticketmaster:
- Republic of Ireland: 0818 903001
- Northern Ireland & UK: 0333 321 9996
- International Customers: 00 353 818 903001
Credit Card / Box Office collections will be located at the entrance off Grange Road, opposite Centra and Lidl, and College Road Arena Entrance near coach and carparks.
- This is an outdoor event. The festival will take place rain or shine
- Always check the weather forecast before setting off.
- Wear outdoor footwear, as the grass may be wet, muddy or uneven.
- If it is sunny bring sun-cream, a hat and drink lots of water.
- If it is raining bring wet weather clothing including wellies. Please note that umbrellas are not allowed.
- There may be strobe lighting, lasers and pyrotechnics used at these events.
- Note location of Entry / Exit Gates, Emergency Exits, First Aid Posts and Water Points.
- Patrons are advised to be aware of their own personnel safety and security while attending these events. They should ensure the security of personnel belongings while on route to and from and during the event i.e. purses/wallets/tickets/mobile phones. The promoter accepts no responsibility for lost or stolen items.
- Any form of antisocial behaviour, crowd surfing, moshing or public urination will not be tolerated. The promoter reserves the right to refuse admission, or to remove from the venue, anyone taking part in these activities without a refund.
- Please move slowly and quietly when exiting the festival site and co-operate with stewards’ directions. Do not rush the exits, hang back until the main throng has dispersed for an easier journey home.
- Please co-operate with stewards and Gardaí and follow any loudspeaker announcements.
TRAVEL & TRANSPORT INFORMATION
Following consultation with An Garda Síochána and Dun Laoghaire Rathdown County Council the following arrangements have been made
You MUST plan and book your return travel arrangements in advance
The Promoter is not licensed to, nor do they operate any transport to and from Marlay Park.
Transport to and from the venue is a matter for individual ticket-holders themselves, whether by means of car-pooling, by availing of the LUAS, cycling, walking, by making an advance return booking on the 'Marathon coaches' special shuttle bus service operating directly between the City Centre and Marlay Park, Dublin Bus or finally, by hiring a taxi.
We strongly urge all concert goers to heed the advices of An Garda Síochána, transport providers and promoters regarding the pre-planning and advance booking of their return trip to and from venue. Leave lots of time to get to and from the venue, adding at least an extra 2 hours to your journey time.
Total journey time from Stephens Green Luas stop to the festival could be as quick as 25 - 30mins, you can avail of the Dundrum Luas shuttle from Dundrum Luas stop which will bring you direct to Stonemasons way, near the festival entrance. For more details on Luas routes go to www.luas.ie/routes.
PRIVATE BUSES, COACHES & MINIBUSES
City Centre Concert Shuttle
Marathon Travel are operating a shuttle bus from Custom House Quay in the city centre direct to Marlay Park. Prices for the Shuttle are €12 return when booked online from 5pm on July 7th until 5pm on Wednesday 12th July.
Tickets bought after 5pm on Wednesday 12th July will cost €10 single or €15 return and are subject to availability.
The promoter strongly recommends that you pre-book this service. Tickets are limited and may sell out in advance, as per previous years. Priority will be given to pre-booked customers on the day.
This year there WILL be coach/bus and minibus parking available within Marlay Park, access is via College Road. It is however very important to us that you notify and register with us in advance, to do so please email email@example.com with the following information:
- Your name
- No. of passengers
- Coach company
- Name of driver
- Date and time of arrival and departure
If you are travelling to site using a private hire bus, coach or minibus please advise your driver to use Junction 13 off the M50.
The following Dublin Bus routes serve the Grange Road entrances of Marlay Park, in close proximity to the festival site:
16 Airport / O’Connell Street to Grange Road
116 Parnell Sq to Grange Road (limited service)
161 Dundrum Road Luas Station to Grange Road (limited service)
These Dublin Bus routes serve Ballinteer Shopping Centre approx. 15 minute walk to the festival site:
14 Beaumont via Amiens Street to Ballinteer Shopping Centre
75 The Square Tallaght / Dun Laoghaire to Ballinteer Shopping Centre
Please check timetables prior to travel. Note not all services will be operating at the end of each day and will be on a first come first served basis. For more information call: 01 873 4222 – 08.30am – 18.00pm (Monday to Saturday excluding Public Holidays) or visit www.dublinbus.ie.
Plan your approach to Marlay Park based on the following:
- Traffic and parking delays are inevitable you are strongly advised to use public transport or carpool.
- We strongly recommend you plan your journey in advance allowing at least an extra 2 hours travel time to and from the venue.
- Plan your route in advance and check the AA Roadwatch website for reports on traffic, road works, delays etc. on your route.
From Dublin City Centre - via Ranelagh, Clonskeagh, Goatstown, and Sandyford, Grange Road and then onto College Road for car parks.
Exit the M50 at Junction 12 interchange, signposted R113 Knocklyon / Firhouse. Follow Scholarstown Road, Ballyboden Way, Taylors Lane, turn right onto Whitechurch Road and then left onto College Road. Entrance to the car parks is off College Road.
Please note that there is limited parking available in Marlay Park.
Car Parks will open 1 hour prior to the gates opening time on your ticket.
DO NOT ATTEMPT TO PARK ILLEGALLY IN AREAS SURROUNDING MARLAY PARK, IN LOCAL ESTATES OR OUTSIDE LOCAL RESIDENCES. PARKING ENFORCEMENT RULES WILL BE IN OPERATION AND YOUR VEHICLE WILL BE CLAMPED OR TOWED.
PICK UP AREA
Attendees getting picked up by family and friends following the festival are advised that road closures are in place; our recommended collection point is at Our Lady’s National School on Ballinteer Avenue. Buses, including minibuses, will not be permitted to pick-up/drop-off at Our Lady’s, but must use the College Road carpark instead.
A taxi pick up area will be facilitated at Supervalu on Ballinteer Avenue.
For non-ticket related queries please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If during the event you have a query or wish to provide feedback please notify a member of staff. It is your responsibility to bring any issues you have to a member of staff at the event.
Have the BEST weekend!