1. The world's largest radio telescope has found a new home in Birr, Offaly. It has been placed there as part of a network of telescopes that span across Europe and will be switched on today for the first time. The telescopes aim to use radio waves that land on Earth to figure out what's happening in our universe.
2. Vincent Browne's last show is on TV3 tonight. Taoiseach Leo Varadkar appeared as a guest on the penultimate show yesterday and in true Browne style was grilled on a number of topics including the social housing crisis and getting up early in the morning.
3. It may only be July but Mariah Carey has already announced plans to release a new Christmas song this year. It will be called The Star and will feature in a movie of the same name about Jesus' birth staring Oprah Winfrey and Kelly Clarkson. Watch Mariah introduce the trailer here.
4. The Vodafone Comedy Festival kicks off in the Iveagh Gardens today. The lineup includes Dara O'Briain, TJ Miller, Tommy Tiernan, Aoife Dooley and lots more.
5. And finally, we had the very first winner of Fully Charged Birthday Bingo this morning. Jade from Tallaght won the €1000 and will be talking her family on holiday.
Graham & Nathan have your 5 Things You Need To Know every morning from 8:35am