1. OJ Simpson could be released from prison today. A Nevada state parole board will hold a hearing this afternoon which could see him freed after serving less than nine years of his 33-year sentence for armed robbery. The 70-year-old ex NFL star was famously acquitted of the murder of his wife Nicole Brown Simpson and Rob Goldman in what was dubbed 'the trail of the century'
2. The Government will announce new student accommodation plans this morning. According to the Irish Examinier a UK firm will start construction on a 300 bed complex on Aungier St early next year. This news follows The USI calling for people to let their rooms and properties to students.
3. Ed Sheeran has said that his decision to delete his Twitter account was nothing to do with backlash he received for his Game Of Thrones cameo. The singer appeared in the first episode of season 7 on Monday to mixed reviews.
4. The U2 Joshua Tree tour plane touched down in Dublin Airport last night. The band will play to a sold out Croke Park on Saturday night with support from Noel Gallagher and his High Flying Birds.
5. And finally, Coronation Street is going to be throwing shade at Eastenders in an upcoming episode. It's reported that Peter Barlow will shout to Steve McDonald to 'get ourra ma pub' a line made famous by infamous Queen Vic bar lady Peggy Mitchell.
Graham & Nathan have your 5 Things You Need To Know every morning from 8:35am