1. The Irish Women's rugby team beat Australia in the opener of the Women's Rugby World Cup in UCD last night. The final score was 19 to 17.
2. Calvin Harris has been named the highest paid DJ in the world for the 5th year in a row. He raked in 41.3 million in a year followed by Tiesto earning 33.2 million while the Chainsmokers took home 32.4 million.
3. There's a giant inflatable chicken with a Trump wig on floating outside the White House today. It's there in protest against Trump's "weak and ineffective" leadership in dealing with North Korea's threats.
4. RTÉ bosses have held a meeting to discuss Ireland's failed Eurovision attempts in recent years. Dustin The Turkey came under fire for his shocking performance in the 2008 competition.
5. And finally, today is National Lazy day. What more excuse do you to do nothing?
Graham & Nathan have your 5 Things You Need To Know every morning from 8:35am.