1. Housing Minister Eoghan Murphy has called an emergency homelessness summit following the death of 3 people last week. Every emergency bed in the city was full on Tuesday night when a man died on Suffolk Street.
2. Fuel prices are expected to rise this week following Hurricane Harvey. An increase of up to 3c per litre can be expected as a number of Texas oil refineries have been hit badly by the storm.
3. The mass exodus of Stradbally will begin this morning as 55,000 festival goers head home but promoters are already looking to next year as tickets for the 2018 event go on sale next week.
4. Galway won the All Ireland Hurling Championship yesterday beating Waterford in Croke Park. The final score was 0-26 to 2-17.
5. And finally, The XFactor returned on Saturday night to it's lowest number of viewers since series one aired in 2004. Just 6.2 million people tuned in compared to highs of 14 million in 2010.
Graham & Nathan have your 5 Things You Need To Know every morning from 8:35am.