Looking to collect a prize?
Please email: email@example.com with Name and Address and prize details
We accept no responsibility for prizes that are posted to winners and get lost in the post.
Winners will be selected at random from entries submitted for facebook competitions, thorugh an app on the SPIN 1038 page, or on the SPIN 1038 facebook page itself. Information submitted will only be used by SPIN 1038 to contact the selected winners regarding their prize. Competitions are in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook.
BAI Right of Reply
The Broadcasting Authority of Ireland (“BAI”) has published the BAI Right of Reply Scheme CLICK HERE TO VIEW
IF YOU HAVE ENTERED ONE OF OUR COMPETITIONS, TO ENSURE THAT YOU ARE COMPLETELY AWARE OF THE RULES WE ASK THAT YOU TAKE A COUPLE OF MINUTES TO READ THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS. YOUR ENTRY WILL BE GOVERNED BY THESE RULES IN RESPECT OF EVERYTHING FROM ELIGIBILITY TO PRIZES, HEALTH AND SAFETY ISSUES AND HOW WE USE YOUR ENTRY AND ARE LEGALLY BINDING, SO PLEASE… TAKE A LOOK.
1.1 These Terms and Conditions (“Terms”) shall be binding on you (and your guests where applicable) (together “you”) when entering any competitions (“Competition(s)”) operated by Maypril Ltd. (“SPIN 1038”), its sponsor(s) or any company, radio station or website owned or controlled (directly or indirectly) by SPIN 1038 from time to time.
1.2 Entry and participation in any competition shall be deemed an unconditional acceptance by you of these Terms. All entry instructions and any other specific details relating to the competition or the prizes form part of these Terms.
1.3 You must pass a copy of these Terms to your guests (if applicable) and ensure that they comply with them.
1.4 It is agreed and accepted by you that SPIN 1038 shall have no liability whatsoever in respect of competitions operated on behalf of third parties (for example, sponsors) (except in respect of death or personal injury directly attributable to SPIN 1038’s negligence).
1.5 You have made certain representations and warranties to SPIN 1038 (both in these Terms and otherwise) in applying for a place on the Competition. SPIN 1038 has relied on the accuracy and truth of such representations and warranties in granting a place to you. Should SPIN 1038 or its agents become aware of any fraud, deceit or similar action undertaken in connection with the Competition or otherwise, or any act or omission which might have (in SPIN 1038’s opinion, which shall be final) an adverse effect on the Competition, SPIN 1038 (or any of its radio stations), reserves the right to forfeit your place on the Competition (without giving any reason and without notice).
1.6 You agree to co-operate with and comply with all reasonable requests of SPIN 1038 and its agents and employees (and in particular the health and safety team) in connection with the Competition and its broadcast.
2. Eligibility to enter competitions
2.1 You must be a resident of the Republic of Ireland. Employees of SPIN 1038, their families, press, agencies or any persons directly or indirectly connected with the competition are not eligible to enter any competitions.
2.2 Only one entry per person will be permitted. Multiple entries will be disqualified.
2.3 You represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years of age on the date of the Agreement and, if requested by SPIN 1038, shall provide evidence your age.
3. Health and Safety
3.1 By signing the Agreement, you confirm and warrant that, to the best of your knowledge, your general state of health is good and you have no medical condition that could be adversely affected by strenuous exercise or any of the events or activities planned or reasonably expected to be involved in the Competition.
3.2 You must take all reasonable steps to ensure your own health and safety. Any behaviour or act or conduct by you which SPIN 1038 considers to pose any medical, security or safety risk will lead to your immediate disqualification (including without limitation any abusive behaviour, physical or psychological).
3.3 You are obliged to take all reasonable steps to ensure the safety standards and the general appropriateness of activities undertaken during the Competition and acknowledges that all activities are undertaken at your own risk. You must notify SPIN 1038 of any medical or other condition which may mean that you are unfit for travel or participation in the Competition as soon as you become aware of such a condition. SPIN 1038 reserves the right to forfeit your place on the Competition or the Prize (without liability or compensation) if, in its opinion, you may expose yourself or others to risk of illness or injury or to the cancellation, disruption, or curtailment of the Competition.
3.4 You agree not to carry on your person (or in your possession or control) or to purchase or consume during the Competition any illegal substance. You acknowledge and agree that alcohol consumption will only be allowed with the express prior consent of SPIN 1038 and the health and safety team, who will have full authority to direct that you shall not consume any more alcohol.
3.5 You will comply with all directions of SPIN 1038 in respect of health and safety (failure to do so may lead to immediate disqualification, at SPIN 1038’s direction).
3.6 You confirm that you are not taking any medication at present and will not during the Competition.
4. The Competition
4.1 The interests and good reputation of SPIN 1038 are paramount and SPIN 1038 may, at its sole discretion, withdraw a place or require you to cease to have any involvement in the Competition if it believes it is in the best interests of SPIN 1038 to do so. In particular (without limitation), SPIN 1038 reserves the right to immediately withdraw your place on the Competition or the Prize if it believes you to be in breach of any of its obligations, or representations and warranties, under these Terms or otherwise conducts yourself in a manner which is inappropriate or unsuitable (in the discretion of SPIN 1038). You shall be responsible for any additional costs in this respect (including the costs of your early return back to the country, if necessary). You will not by any act or omission do anything, which might bring SPIN 1038 or its radio stations into disrepute.
4.2 You represent and warrant that you do not have any criminal convictions or criminal record and have not undertaken any past act or conduct which could affect the reputation of the Competition or SPIN 1038. You also warrant that you do not currently worked for any other radio station or media organisation in the Republic of Ireland.
4.3 You will comply with the instructions and directions of SPIN 1038 (failure to do so may lead to immediate disqualification, at SPIN 1038’S direction).
4.4 Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be void (in SPIN 1038’s absolute discretion).
4.5 SPIN 1038 does not accept responsibility for entries lost, damaged or delayed in transit to the competition address. Proof of posting will not be accepted as proof of receipt (nor will proof that an e-mail has been sent rather than received).
4.6 Source material utilised by SPIN 1038’s question compilers shall be taken as correct.
4.7 Late entries will not be accepted (in SPIN 1038’s discretion).
4.8 In the case of a prize draw, the first correct entry drawn will be the winner.
4.9 The decision of SPIN 1038’s judges is final and conclusive in all circumstances and no correspondence will be entered into.
4.10 SPIN 1038’s shall be entitled, in its absolute discretion, to cancel a competition with immediate effect by on air announcement (in the case of on-air competitions) or by stating the same on the relevant website (in the case of on-line competitions) without any liability in respect thereof.
4.11 In this event (and assuming a valid claim has already been made) in the case of holiday prizes, SPIN 1038 will use reasonable endeavours to offer an alternative prize at some other time and/or some other destination, which may be accepted instead by you. If such alternative prize is not accepted (or not made) you shall have no claim against SPIN 1038’s in respect of the cancellation or delay of the Competition or prize or for any expense or damage whatsoever incurred as a result thereof.
5. Claims to prizes
5.1 In order to enable SPIN 1038’s to correctly identify genuine claims and to eliminate non-genuine, deceitful or fraudulent claims, SPIN 1038’s reserves the right to carry out an interview (by telephone or in person with you and to tape record the interview). If you refuse to participate in or answer all questions raised in such an interview without good reason then your place will be treated as invalidated.
5.2 If SPIN 1038 becomes aware of any fraud, deceit or similar action during or in relation to the competition which relates in any way to a claim, then that claim will not be met unless it is proven to the satisfaction of SPIN 1038, that you had no actual or imputed knowledge of the such fraud or deceit or similar action. For the avoidance of doubt (and without limitation), if you provide an incorrect name, age, address or other incorrect information in relation to the entry, then SPIN 1038 reserves the absolute right to treat that entry as invalid (whether or not such information comes to light before or after you have made the claim). If the fraud, deceit or other action is only discovered after the prize has been released, you undertake to return the same (or provide compensation) to SPIN 1038 forthwith upon discovery by SPIN 1038.
6.1 All prizes are non-transferable and may not be given or assigned to another person. Prizes cannot be exchanged for cash or other alternatives. SPIN 1038 may, in its sole discretion, substitute a reasonable alternative for any of the prizes at any time.
6.2 SPIN 1038 does not accept any liability for claims of prizes which are lost, delayed or damaged in the post or otherwise not validly received by you.
7. Holiday Prizes
7.1 Prizes must be taken in accordance with the dates and destinations and number of passengers specified by SPIN 1038. There will be no cash alternative. There will be no alternative destination.
7.2 Holidays are non-transferable. Holidays are subject to availability. You must hold a valid Irish passport with at least 6 months’ further duration (or competition entry will be invalid).
7.3 Holidays are not available to persons under the age of 18 without the express prior written permission of SPIN 1038. Children between the ages of 12 and 16 years for the purpose of airfares are considered to be adults. Children under 18 years of age must obtain written consent from a parent or guardian and cannot travel unless accompanied by an adult over the age of 18.
7.4 In the event of unforeseen circumstances or circumstances outside SPIN 1038’s reasonable control SPIN 1038 reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of equal value. No cash will be offered.
7.5 All holidays must be taken within 6 months of the date of the competition or will be deemed invalid.
7.6 You must comply with the terms and limitations of any insurance policy relating to the holiday.
7.7 You must comply with the terms and conditions of the airline and other transportation and venues involved in the Competition or the Prize. In particular, you shall comply with all health and safety guidelines and instructions and all applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
7.8 You are not entitled nor authorised in any way to commit SPIN1038 to any contract, expense or cost entered into or incurred without its advance written acceptance of the same. No variation of these Terms is effective unless approved by an authorised representative of SPIN1038 in writing.
7.9 Passport control and in-country authorities will reserve the right to refuse entry. If you are refused passage and or entry/exit to or from the country being visited, any additional costs incurred will be your sole responsibility.
7.10 Any flights, other transport, airport details, accommodation or other aspects of the Prize, dates and times quoted by SPIN1038 or its agents are for guidance only and are subject to change without notice with no liability arising. You must have sufficient financial resources to meet any financial commitment which they may incur in connection with the Prize beyond those included in the Prize itself (including, without limitation, transfers to and from Dublin airport, meals and drinks).
7.11 You must comply with and are responsible for attending to any inoculation and health regulations required for your destination.
8. Ticket give-aways
8.1 In the case of prizes in the form of free tickets, ticket holders shall be bound by the event promoter’s terms and conditions together with those set out on the ticket and the rules and regulations of the venue.
8.2 Should an event be cancelled, SPIN1038 is not required to offer a refund, or replacement prize.
9.1 You undertake not at any time to disclose, reveal, communicate or otherwise make public any information relating to SPIN1038, its business, personnel, servants, agents or officers to anyone.
SPIN 1038 WIN THE SUMMER OF A LIFETIME
- The winner must be eligible to travel on a J1 Program in 2018
- Flights are Economy Class for 1 person
- Travel Insurance is a Premier Policy for 1 person to the USA. Max length of cover is 150 days and Exam repeat cover is excluded.
- Prize must be redeemed and booked by the winner by February 2nd - no extension will be permitted.
- Prize is non - refundable, and non-endorsable. It holds no cash value. Failure to avail of this trip for any reason whatsoever does not entitle the winner to an alternative holiday or a cash prize.
- The prizes are subject to availability and change.
- The flights consist of return economy class tickets from ex Dublin/ Shannon to the USA.
- Travel dates are subject to availability
- Tickets are non-transferable and will only be issued to the winner and cannot be transferred to another airline.
- Prize does not include airport transfers.
- If the prize is not claimed within the specified time limit the prize will be forfeited.
- Any requested upgrades or changes to the stated holiday prize will be at the winner's own expense.
- Competition is open to Irish residents only.
- Entrants must be aged 18 years or older. Prize will only be issued to the winner.
- Prizes must not be sold or auctioned.
- Initial Name given as prize-winners cannot be changed, names must be furnished as per passport. Any additional changes after the prize has been booked will be the sole responsibility of the prize winner.
- Income taxes (if any) paid on the value of this prize, or any other applicable surcharges, shall be the responsibility of the winner, parent or legal guardian.
- Winner obtain all visas, permissions and are solely responsible for any special visa requirements and medical vaccinations/other recommended medical requirements.
- Winner must hold valid passports (valid for at least 6 months beyond the return date for the trip).
- Winner is solely responsible for completing all documentation (electronic or other) required in advance of travel/entry
- Winner is solely responsible for any duty which must be paid on goods purchased abroad upon their return to Ireland.
- Any costs incurred additional to the prize package elements listed (e.g. telephone charges, meals, room service, excursions, etc.) will be at the winner's own expense.
- The competition winner agrees to a promotional photo shoot and for usage of such in press releases, PR events and any media events associated with this prize. SAYIT J1 and BackpackerTravelInsurance.ie reserve the right to this.
- SAYIT J1 and BackpackerTravelInsurance.ie reserve the right to change desired dates of trip
- This prize excludes SAYIT J1 and BackpackerTravelInsurance.ie employees and their immediate families, their agencies or anyone else professionally associated with this promotion.Any such entries will be deemed invalid.
Seat Quick - Zoo Crew T&C’s
Note - This prize includes €1,000 cash and 2 VIP tickets to Primavera soundONLY.
Flights and accommodation Will Not be included in the prize.
VIP Ticket Breakdown
Win A Chance To DJ At Longitude Festival 2018
1. This competition is only open to entrants aged 18 and over. Any entries from participants below this age will be automatically disqualified.
2. You represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years of age on the date of the Agreement and, if requested by SPIN 1038, shall provide evidence your age.
3. As part of the entry form you are asked to give consent to your contact information being passed on Desperados.
- Only the winners data will be passed on to Desperados.
- This data will only be used to contact the winner about their prize. It will not be used for further marketing.
4. This competition closes on June 27th
Heineken – Live Your Music: Ticket Giveaway
1. This competition is only open to entrants aged 18 and over. Any entries from participants below this age will be automatically disqualified.
2. You represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years of age on the date of the Agreement and, if requested by the station, shall provide evidence your age.
3. In order to fulfil your prize we will ask for your permission to pass your details on Heineken
4. Your details will not be used for any marketing activity