Prizes should be collected during office hours: Monday to Friday 9am - 5.30pm from
Grand Canal Quay,
Reception is closed for lunch Monday-Friday 1-2pm.
We accept no responsibility for prizes that are posted to winners and get lost in the post.
Prize winners will be informed via phone when prizes are ready for collection - Please do not come to the offices without a call
All prizes must be collected within 2 months of receiving this phone call. Prizes can take up to 28 days to become available for collection.
Winners will be selected at random from entries submitted for facebook competitions, thorugh an app on the SPIN 1038 page, or on the SPIN 1038 facebook page itself. Information submitted will only be used by SPIN 1038 to contact the selected winners regarding their prize. Competitions are in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook.
The Broadcasting Authority of Ireland (“BAI”) has published the BAI Right of Reply Scheme CLICK HERE TO VIEW
IF YOU HAVE ENTERED ONE OF OUR COMPETITIONS, TO ENSURE THAT YOU ARE COMPLETELY AWARE OF THE RULES WE ASK THAT YOU TAKE A COUPLE OF MINUTES TO READ THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS. YOUR ENTRY WILL BE GOVERNED BY THESE RULES IN RESPECT OF EVERYTHING FROM ELIGIBILITY TO PRIZES, HEALTH AND SAFETY ISSUES AND HOW WE USE YOUR ENTRY AND ARE LEGALLY BINDING, SO PLEASE… TAKE A LOOK.
1.1 These Terms and Conditions (“Terms”) shall be binding on you (and your guests where applicable) (together “you”) when entering any competitions (“Competition(s)”) operated by Maypril Ltd. (“SPIN 1038”), its sponsor(s) or any company, radio station or website owned or controlled (directly or indirectly) by SPIN 1038 from time to time.
1.2 Entry and participation in any competition shall be deemed an unconditional acceptance by you of these Terms. All entry instructions and any other specific details relating to the competition or the prizes form part of these Terms.
1.3 You must pass a copy of these Terms to your guests (if applicable) and ensure that they comply with them.
1.4 It is agreed and accepted by you that SPIN 1038 shall have no liability whatsoever in respect of competitions operated on behalf of third parties (for example, sponsors) (except in respect of death or personal injury directly attributable to SPIN 1038’s negligence).
1.5 You have made certain representations and warranties to SPIN 1038 (both in these Terms and otherwise) in applying for a place on the Competition. SPIN 1038 has relied on the accuracy and truth of such representations and warranties in granting a place to you. Should SPIN 1038 or its agents become aware of any fraud, deceit or similar action undertaken in connection with the Competition or otherwise, or any act or omission which might have (in SPIN 1038’s opinion, which shall be final) an adverse effect on the Competition, SPIN 1038 (or any of its radio stations), reserves the right to forfeit your place on the Competition (without giving any reason and without notice).
1.6 You agree to co-operate with and comply with all reasonable requests of SPIN 1038 and its agents and employees (and in particular the health and safety team) in connection with the Competition and its broadcast.
2. Eligibility to enter competitions
2.1 You must be a resident of the Republic of Ireland. Employees of SPIN 1038, their families, press, agencies or any persons directly or indirectly connected with the competition are not eligible to enter any competitions.
2.2 Only one entry per person will be permitted. Multiple entries will be disqualified.
2.3 You represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years of age on the date of the Agreement and, if requested by SPIN 1038, shall provide evidence your age.
3. Health and Safety
3.1 By signing the Agreement, you confirm and warrant that, to the best of your knowledge, your general state of health is good and you have no medical condition that could be adversely affected by strenuous exercise or any of the events or activities planned or reasonably expected to be involved in the Competition.
3.2 You must take all reasonable steps to ensure your own health and safety. Any behaviour or act or conduct by you which SPIN 1038 considers to pose any medical, security or safety risk will lead to your immediate disqualification (including without limitation any abusive behaviour, physical or psychological).
3.3 You are obliged to take all reasonable steps to ensure the safety standards and the general appropriateness of activities undertaken during the Competition and acknowledges that all activities are undertaken at your own risk. You must notify SPIN 1038 of any medical or other condition which may mean that you are unfit for travel or participation in the Competition as soon as you become aware of such a condition. SPIN 1038 reserves the right to forfeit your place on the Competition or the Prize (without liability or compensation) if, in its opinion, you may expose yourself or others to risk of illness or injury or to the cancellation, disruption, or curtailment of the Competition.
3.4 You agree not to carry on your person (or in your possession or control) or to purchase or consume during the Competition any illegal substance. You acknowledge and agree that alcohol consumption will only be allowed with the express prior consent of SPIN 1038 and the health and safety team, who will have full authority to direct that you shall not consume any more alcohol.
3.5 You will comply with all directions of SPIN 1038 in respect of health and safety (failure to do so may lead to immediate disqualification, at SPIN 1038’s direction).
3.6 You confirm that you are not taking any medication at present and will not during the Competition.
4. The Competition
4.1 The interests and good reputation of SPIN 1038 are paramount and SPIN 1038 may, at its sole discretion, withdraw a place or require you to cease to have any involvement in the Competition if it believes it is in the best interests of SPIN 1038 to do so. In particular (without limitation), SPIN 1038 reserves the right to immediately withdraw your place on the Competition or the Prize if it believes you to be in breach of any of its obligations, or representations and warranties, under these Terms or otherwise conducts yourself in a manner which is inappropriate or unsuitable (in the discretion of SPIN 1038). You shall be responsible for any additional costs in this respect (including the costs of your early return back to the country, if necessary). You will not by any act or omission do anything, which might bring SPIN 1038 or its radio stations into disrepute.
4.2 You represent and warrant that you do not have any criminal convictions or criminal record and have not undertaken any past act or conduct which could affect the reputation of the Competition or SPIN 1038. You also warrant that you do not currently worked for any other radio station or media organisation in the Republic of Ireland.
4.3 You will comply with the instructions and directions of SPIN 1038 (failure to do so may lead to immediate disqualification, at SPIN 1038’S direction).
4.4 Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be void (in SPIN 1038’s absolute discretion).
4.5 SPIN 1038 does not accept responsibility for entries lost, damaged or delayed in transit to the competition address. Proof of posting will not be accepted as proof of receipt (nor will proof that an e-mail has been sent rather than received).
4.6 Source material utilised by SPIN 1038’s question compilers shall be taken as correct.
4.7 Late entries will not be accepted (in SPIN 1038’s discretion).
4.8 In the case of a prize draw, the first correct entry drawn will be the winner.
4.9 The decision of SPIN 1038’s judges is final and conclusive in all circumstances and no correspondence will be entered into.
4.10 SPIN 1038’s shall be entitled, in its absolute discretion, to cancel a competition with immediate effect by on air announcement (in the case of on-air competitions) or by stating the same on the relevant website (in the case of on-line competitions) without any liability in respect thereof.
4.11 In this event (and assuming a valid claim has already been made) in the case of holiday prizes, SPIN 1038 will use reasonable endeavours to offer an alternative prize at some other time and/or some other destination, which may be accepted instead by you. If such alternative prize is not accepted (or not made) you shall have no claim against SPIN 1038’s in respect of the cancellation or delay of the Competition or prize or for any expense or damage whatsoever incurred as a result thereof.
5. Claims to prizes
5.1 In order to enable SPIN 1038’s to correctly identify genuine claims and to eliminate non-genuine, deceitful or fraudulent claims, SPIN 1038’s reserves the right to carry out an interview (by telephone or in person with you and to tape record the interview). If you refuse to participate in or answer all questions raised in such an interview without good reason then your place will be treated as invalidated.
5.2 If SPIN 1038 becomes aware of any fraud, deceit or similar action during or in relation to the competition which relates in any way to a claim, then that claim will not be met unless it is proven to the satisfaction of SPIN 1038, that you had no actual or imputed knowledge of the such fraud or deceit or similar action. For the avoidance of doubt (and without limitation), if you provide an incorrect name, age, address or other incorrect information in relation to the entry, then SPIN 1038 reserves the absolute right to treat that entry as invalid (whether or not such information comes to light before or after you have made the claim). If the fraud, deceit or other action is only discovered after the prize has been released, you undertake to return the same (or provide compensation) to SPIN 1038 forthwith upon discovery by SPIN 1038.
6.1 All prizes are non-transferable and may not be given or assigned to another person. Prizes cannot be exchanged for cash or other alternatives. SPIN 1038 may, in its sole discretion, substitute a reasonable alternative for any of the prizes at any time.
6.2 SPIN 1038 does not accept any liability for claims of prizes which are lost, delayed or damaged in the post or otherwise not validly received by you.
7. Holiday Prizes
7.1 Prizes must be taken in accordance with the dates and destinations and number of passengers specified by SPIN 1038. There will be no cash alternative. There will be no alternative destination.
7.2 Holidays are non-transferable. Holidays are subject to availability. You must hold a valid Irish passport with at least 6 months’ further duration (or competition entry will be invalid).
7.3 Holidays are not available to persons under the age of 18 without the express prior written permission of SPIN 1038. Children between the ages of 12 and 16 years for the purpose of airfares are considered to be adults. Children under 18 years of age must obtain written consent from a parent or guardian and cannot travel unless accompanied by an adult over the age of 18.
7.4 In the event of unforeseen circumstances or circumstances outside SPIN 1038’s reasonable control SPIN 1038 reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of equal value. No cash will be offered.
7.5 All holidays must be taken within 6 months of the date of the competition or will be deemed invalid.
7.6 You must comply with the terms and limitations of any insurance policy relating to the holiday.
7.7 You must comply with the terms and conditions of the airline and other transportation and venues involved in the Competition or the Prize. In particular, you shall comply with all health and safety guidelines and instructions and all applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
7.8 You are not entitled nor authorised in any way to commit SPIN1038 to any contract, expense or cost entered into or incurred without its advance written acceptance of the same. No variation of these Terms is effective unless approved by an authorised representative of SPIN1038 in writing.
7.9 Passport control and in-country authorities will reserve the right to refuse entry. If you are refused passage and or entry/exit to or from the country being visited, any additional costs incurred will be your sole responsibility.
7.10 Any flights, other transport, airport details, accommodation or other aspects of the Prize, dates and times quoted by SPIN1038 or its agents are for guidance only and are subject to change without notice with no liability arising. You must have sufficient financial resources to meet any financial commitment which they may incur in connection with the Prize beyond those included in the Prize itself (including, without limitation, transfers to and from Dublin airport, meals and drinks).
7.11 You must comply with and are responsible for attending to any inoculation and health regulations required for your destination.
8. Ticket give-aways
8.1 In the case of prizes in the form of free tickets, ticket holders shall be bound by the event promoter’s terms and conditions together with those set out on the ticket and the rules and regulations of the venue.
8.2 Should an event be cancelled, SPIN1038 is not required to offer a refund, or replacement prize.
9.1 You undertake not at any time to disclose, reveal, communicate or otherwise make public any information relating to SPIN1038, its business, personnel, servants, agents or officers to anyone.
Note: These Competition Terms and Conditions (the “Rules”) apply to the Competition (“the Competition”) organised by Bank of Ireland, New Century House, 4th Floor, Lower Mayor Street, IFSC, Dublin 1. The Competition closing date is the 06th December 2016.
1. The Competition is open to all entrants who submit a fully completed entry web-form.
2. Responsibility will not be accepted for entries which are not completed. Entries which are incomplete (i.e. some information requested on the entry form is not provided), altered, illegible or not in accordance with these Rules may be disqualified.
3. The judging panel for the Competition will include at least one person who is independent of the promotion of the Competition. No Bank of Ireland customer, whether or not he/she is eligible to win a prize, may attend the adjudication process. The names of those comprising the judging panel will be made available to Competition entrants on request.
4. All correctly answered entries will be placed together and the 5 finalists, will be selected from the qualified entries drawn on the basis of the tie-breaker slogans judged to be the best. You can only enter the Competition once.
5. There will be 1 winner of €5,000, and 4 winners of 500 each. The winning amounts will be paid by bank transfer. Such bank transfer will be made to a euro account in the name of the winning entrant. A bank transfer cannot be made to any third party account. No other form of payment will be made. The prize is non-transferable and identification may be required to process the transfer.
6.The five finalists will be notified by phone by Wednesday 07th December 2016 and will be required to attend the final on Friday 09th December, 2016 in Dublin. The final will be hosted by SPIN 1038 and will be live. The final will be run by SPIN 1038 and SPIN1038 terms and conditions will apply (add link TBC)
7. The decision of the judges will be final and binding on all entrants. Correspondence will be entered into only at the absolute discretion of Bank of Ireland.
8. All entries (and any copyright and/or related rights) will automatically become the property of Bank of Ireland.
9. All entrants consent to Bank of Ireland using, storing and processing their personal details to run the Competition including for publicity purposes (this does not limit any other consent an entrant has given or may give Bank of Ireland in future). All entrants agree to the use of their names and addresses and/or photographs for publicity purposes by the Bank, SPIN1038 and any third party connected to the Competition. Entrants also agree that their names and addresses may be disclosed by Bank of Ireland to its agents for the purpose of administering the Competition and/or distributing the prizes.
10. Employees of the Bank of Ireland Group, its associated companies, advertising and marketing consultants, agents and anyone connected with the Competition and their families are not eligible to enter the Competition and will not be eligible to receive a prize.
11. Bank of Ireland Marketing reserves the right to vary and (or) substitute any/all element(s) of the prizes with a prizes of similar or of greater value.
12. All entry conditions and instructions are deemed to form part of these rules.
13. Bank of Ireland accepts no responsibility or liability whatsoever in relation to any matter arising out of the Competition, the Rules, any related contracts, or the enjoyment of the prize and the winner will indemnify the Bank of Ireland from all liability in respect of such matters.
14. Entrants must be 18 years or over at the time of entry to the Competition or they will be ineligible to win a prize. The winners shall, if requested by the Bank, provide satisfactory proof of age before being awarded a prize.
On the night Spin 1038 (spinis) promotional team, staff of 8, will be handing out small cards with the information on how to win a prizes from 5:30pm across the participating pubs and surrounding busy footfall locations. Each card will also have the logo/name of all the pubs involved on the card
People that receive the card will be told to tweet #IfCarlsbergDidThursday @Spin1038 and the pub they are in to be in with a chance of winning a prize on the night
Punters will be told that they must be in the pub they checked into between 9-10pm that night for their chance to win.
Voting will close at 8:30pm
Between 8:30-9pm Spin1038 will pick winners by searching the hashtag #IfCarslbergDidThursdays and locate their winner by the pub mentioned in their tweet
Between 9-10pm The Zoo Crew will run to the different pubs to locate and announce their winners and present them with their prizes
Trip to the home of Copenhagen for winner and 2 friends in 2017. Flights, accommodation and Carlsberg beer tasting.
If Carlsberg did movies they would be the best in the world.... Win free cinema tickets for an entire year for you and a mate!
If Carlsberg did shopping they would probably be the best in the world... 3 x €250 One4AllVoucher, 1 x €150 One4AllVoucher and 1 x €150 One4all VoucherSelfie Pods
• Over 18s only – proof of ID requested on presentation of any prize
• The winner may be required to participate in publicity
• There is no cash alternative and there is no alternative prize to the stated Prize. However, the Promoter reserves the right to replace the Prize with an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
• If the entrant is not available when their name is called as the winner, they will have 10minutes to claim the prize or it will be passed to another winner
Along with the above general Terms & Conditions relating to SPIN1038 competitions, the following competition specific Terms & Conditions will also apply.
- Winner and their +1 must be over the age of 18 years.
- Winner and their +1 must have a valid, in-date passport to avail of the competition prize.
- Holders of non-EU passports may require additional visa documents to be eligible to travel to all festivals. It is the responsibility of the winner and their +1 to organise such requirements in order to avail of the prize.
- Winner and their +1 must be available to travel for all three festival experiences (26th June to 2nd July, 21st to 24th July & 9th to 16th August inclusive).
- All tickets (airline, festival, etc.) will be for specific dates that are to be provided to the winner and their +1 and are non-transferable.
- The prize includes flights, accommodation and festival tickets for the winner +1 for the three festivals. Flights leave Dublin for each destination and the winner +1 must make their own way to Dublin Airport on each occasion.
- Travel insurance is subject to normal terms of acceptance of both people travelling. Pre-existing medical conditions may not be covered and information on same must be provided.
By using their Sandstorm ticket and participating in Sandstorm, the holder hereof agrees to and accepts all conditions of acceptance contained herein and all arena / organisation rules and standards of conduct posted in or about the venue.
• Ensure your ticket is from an authorised agent only. Those with counterfeit tickets will be refused admission and maybe prosecuted.
• Event partners reserve the right to refuse admittance to the venue or to remove any person from the venue for reasons of public safety, any unacceptable behaviour likely to cause damage, nuisance or injury or for any breach of event partners terms & conditions.
•Holder consents to a reasonable examination of his/her person and belongings to ensure compliance with all rules and regulations.
• The event will take place ‘rain or shine’ unless otherwise indicated by event partners.
• Event partners reserve the right to make reasonable alterations or changes to the programme, staging or seating of the event without prior notification & without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets unless such alterations or changes make the event materially different to the event that the average consumer would have expected when purchasing a ticket.
• Ticket agents do not accept any responsibility for any loss or damage of the ticket.
• Ticket holder voluntarily assumes all risk and danger of personal injury and responsibility for property loss, destruction or theft and all hazards arising from or relating in any way to the event for which this ticket is issued whether occurring prior to, during or after the event and releases the ticket issuer, the event producer, the facility, the sponsors, and all organisations involved from all liability thereafter save where and to the extent that arises from breach of contract (not due to the Force Majeure) or by the negligent act or omission of said organisations involved.
• This is a 16s+ event. All participants must be 16 years or older on the date of the event to participate.
• There will be no refunds or replacements available on unused tickets.