As Ireland prepares for the arrival of Storm Emma aka the 'Beast From The East' it's important we do not forget about our furry friends.
The ISPCA have tweeted some important tips for pet owners ahead of the imminent temperature drop.
The temperature is promised to drop significantly this week and your pets will be noticing the change too! The ISPCA has put together some important tips for keeping your pets safe and warm during the cold winter spell. Visit https://t.co/PCEw49ZopI #TheBeastFromTheEast pic.twitter.com/dVGaAcfSlf— ISPCA (@ISPCA1) February 26, 2018
The tips include:
- bring your dog on frequent, shorter walks rather than one long walk
- dry your pets thoroughly after walks and don't forget in between their toes
- consider keeping your cat indoors during the cold weather
- leave fresh drinking water and food out for wildlife
- check water left for horses and ponies to assure it hasn't frozen over
Gillian Bird from the DSPCA spoke to Lauren on Spin Talk yesterday with her tips for keeping your pets safe in this weather: